Vanessa Wai

Parent Ambassador Featured on Blog!

Rate Topic 0

3 posts in this topic

One of our Parent Ambassadors, Debbie Campbell was featured in the Bookshare blog!  Read about her story here: http://bookshareblog.wpengine.com/2016/09/parent-partners-with-school-administrators-to-advocate-for-accessible-ebooks-and-dispel-myths/

We'd love to hear more stories from parents!  Please share your experiences with us and each other. 

Hi I would like to connect to parents with dyslexic students (middle-school) level. I am wondering if bookshare provides audio middleshool's textbooks, each teacher in middle school can select what book they want to teach and most of them switch from text book to some handout back and forth. How can we request these hand-outs to be uploaded and modified for audio (text to speech) format? Is there a regulation under common core that teachers need to follow a specific books where commonly is used among teachers so it can be find in bookshare   selections?

I would like to start a support group for parents here and another one for children who are dyslexic. Is anyone else interested? We might need to do 3 groups for the children. For example 1st grade through 4th, 5th through 7th, and 8th through 12th. Another-one(s) one could be made for collage students and/or those just entering the work force.