Sign in to follow this  
Karen Carl

using Capti

Rate Topic 0

6 posts in this topic

Hi Karen,

This is very odd, unfortunately I don't know what might be causing Capti to not download as I can confirm we do show on our back end hundreds of books downloaded through Capti per day.

Are you logging into your account with Capti or one of your students?  And can you just test for me just to be sure that when you log in with that account on Bookshare downloads are available?

*edit

Oh and are you using Capti on an iOS device like an iPad or iPhone or through the computer?

I'm using it on the computer. It opened up on the internet. I don't see anywhere that I need to log into Capti. I've hit the + key to have it find Daisy books from my thumb drive. I've also tried a variety of other file types and they all respond with "Local File Upload Failed"

Hi Karen,

Capti has a Bookshare search built-in to their website, so you can download books through your Capti account rather than upload books from your computer. I've posted some step-by-step instructions below to get you started; they are a bit long, but I just wanted to make sure I didn't accidentally skip a step. Feel free to reply back if you have any questions.

1. Open Chrome, Firefox, or Safari on your computer and go to https://www.captivoice.com/capti-site/.
  2. Select the Log In button in the top right corner of the page.
  3. Enter in your Capti username and password, then select the Log In button.
  4. If you’re not automatically taken to your Playlist, select the Playlist button on the top left corner of the page.
  5. Select the Add Track button (the green plus-sign) under the toolbar at the top of the page.
  6. Select Bookshare from the list of available options.
  7. Select the Log In to Bookshare button and enter in your Bookshare username and password.
  8. To find a book by title, author, or ISBN, choose your search criteria at the top of the page and enter your text in the search box at the top of the screen. You can also select the History button to re-download one of your past books.
  9. To start downloading a book, select the name of the book. A pop-up will appear on the bottom of the screen letting you know that the book is being added to your playlist.
  10. To access your downloaded books, select the Playlist button at the top of the page. You can find your downloaded books in the sidebar on the left side of the page.

I search the book's title.  It appears.  I tap on it.  An arrow to the right appears.  At the top right an arrow into a box looks like it's downloading but nothing happens.  I cannot open the audiobook.  Can you help me?  Is it a setting on my iPad not allowing download??

Hi Corban,

I'm not showing anything on our end that would be blocking this download.  Are you sure this book isn't appearing on your playlist within Capti?

If it's not it might be wise to log out of your Bookshare account on the Capti app and log back in as it's possible for some reason the app has incorrect information.  If that doesn't change anything however try using a different source for internet to see if maybe the local wifi network you're on is somehow blocking these downloads.