Sign in to follow this  
Jason Symes

Go Reader files

Rate Topic 0

4 posts in this topic

I've got a load of already downloaded books on my computer's hard drive. I can't figure out where on my Android phone's micro sd card I should copy them to make these books available to Go Read.

Hey Jason,

For many reasons we generally recommend re-downloading these files directly into Go Read.  Not only do you get the benefit from the newest versions of the books in our library, but it guarantees the format is correct and prevents issues associated with the odd missing or corrupted file. 

But that said once you install Go Read you should find a "Books" folder on the SD card.  Inside that Books folder you can create a new folder for each book you have and extract the DAISY text or with images files into those book specific folders.  Once done Go Read should find them.  

That's the problem, I can't find a books folder anywhere on the card. Nothing on the top level directory listing, and nothing in Android/data that even has anything remotely to do with Go Read. :( My membership is inactive, and I'm guessing I'd have to renew my membership to redownload the books straight into Go Read, even though I've already got them on my computer. :(