Lynann

membership questions

Rate Topic 0

5 posts in this topic

I joined my son as a member but I am a teacher that needs to add other students.  Do I start over as a teacher, new log in etc, and then add my son and other students?

Hi Lynann,

You absolutely can, and honestly should keep the stand alone account for your son.  However, to help your other students you should also create a new Organizational Membership for the school you teach at.  Once the account is up you can always add your son as a member on the new account and link the existing account to the school account.

If you used your school email address for your son's account you will unfortunately want to change that to a personal email address.  You can do that through the account itself by  selecting the My Account link from the top of Bookshare once logged in, and editing it from the My Information page.  It will make you log in once more prior to allowing you to edit the email address as a security measure.

Hello, I have a membership question. I have a student who was given an individual account in 4th grade. The student is now in 7th grade, I have updated his information but he does not have log in information from 4th grade. How can I retrieve it for him or add him to my classroom group?

Hey Jennifer,

If the student has an Individual Membership it's one that is technically owned by the student or the student's parents or guardians directly.  Have them try using our forgot password page with any email address they may have used when registering, or contact Bookshare's membership team directly so that we can recover the account.

If they are unable to recover the account for any reason unfortunately the best option is to remove them from your roster and re-add them as a limited access student membership, which you'll have full access to set and reset a username and password for.