Nancy Vannoy

Read2Go app

Rate Topic 0

8 posts in this topic

I have a student beginning to use the Read2Go app. It seems to work fine but we are unable to get it to highlight. It is enabled in the settings but the words/sentences are not highlighted as it reads. 

Thank you!

Voice Over is a tool for individuals with Visual Impairments to access their iOS device which reads everything on the screen, if your student was using that to read within Read2Go it would not include highlighting.  But if they are pressing the play button highlighting should be included.

Can you go into the visual settings for me and check that the highlight color doesn't match the background color?

I'm so sorry Nancy but this is incredibly unusual.  If you have the highlighting option set to a color that's not matching the background color and using the built in audio of Read2go and not another audio source I don't know exactly what might be causing it.  I might recommend calling our tech support to see if they can work with you directly on the phone to try a few other things to make highlighting function as expected.  Our tech support can be reached at 650.352.0198

Well, it fixed itself! I actually exited the book and then went back to it about 30 minutes later, and it worked. I guess it just needed to refresh. (?) At least now we know, in case it happens again! Thanks!