Nick Bowen

What are you reading?

Rate Topic 2

12 posts in this topic

As the Bookshare forum takes shape, one of the most common things people around Bookshare talk about is what they're currently reading.  

So what books are you reading right now?  

Are there exciting books you're looking forward to reading?  

"Lion's Blood: A Novel Of Slavery And Freedom In An Alternate America"

https://www.bookshare.org/browse/book/23179

Blacks are the masters; whites are the slaves. Crafted well enough to be completely believable. Best work I've read from Stephen Barnes with fully developed characters.

Also reading David Dyre's The Midnight Watch: A Novel of The Titanic And The Californian"

https://www.bookshare.org/browse/book/1233389

Bookshare truncated the title to just "The Midnight Watch", which is unfortunate, because it gives no clue what a great historical novel this is. It concentrates on the mystery of why the Californian did not come to the Titanic's aid.

e

"Lion's Blood: A Novel Of Slavery And Freedom In An Alternate America"

https://www.bookshare.org/browse/book/23179

Blacks are the masters; whites are the slaves. Crafted well enough to be completely believable. Best work I've read from Stephen Barnes with fully developed characters.

Also reading David Dyre's The Midnight Watch: A Novel of The Titanic And The Californian"

https://www.bookshare.org/browse/book/1233389

Bookshare truncated the title to just "The Midnight Watch", which is unfortunate, because it gives no clue what a great historical novel this is. It concentrates on the mystery of why the Californian did not come to the Titanic's aid.

Hey what do you think of The Midnight Watch?  I'm always interested in reading about the Titanic.  It's hard to tell from the description, is it a true story or just a story someone's telling that happens to be on the titanic?

I had finished reading the Percy Jackson Series a while back. I am currently reading The Kane Chronicles right now! I'm on book 2 out of 3. It's a very great story so far! After I'm done with this series I'm going to finish up the Percy Jackson World. There's still The Heroes of Olympus and The Trials of Apollo. Each have 5 books each series! I've got a long way to go.

Rick's (author to both book series) has an amazing style of writing. Defiantly recommend them. 

Oh I'm going to read that book! Girl on the Train! I need to finish up The Kane Chronicles, Percy Jackson, the rest of the Percy Jackson World (Heroes of Olympus, Trials of Apollo), then the crossover book of Percy Jackson and Kane Chronicles. After all of those books series; I'm going to read read The Girl on the Train! 

I just finally read Outlander by Diana Gabaldon after being told for years I needed to read it.  Can't recommend it enough, now I'm going to have to read more from the series.

it was a little different but I also had a similar thing happen to me with the Martian.  My whole family read it, and as much as I love a good space story for some reason reading the synopsis just didn't attract me to the book.  Right before the movie came out I finally broke down and bought it, then read the whole thing in one sitting because I just couldn't stop.

EXCATLY! Once I started reading Percy Jackson, I just could stop. It really was a fantastic series. And the author is still making a third series to the World of Percy Hackson! It's great. Sadly, Percy isn't as involved in the third series... But still good!