Barbara Bamel

Voice Dream and Read2Go

Rate Topic 1

10 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if there are any plans for images to be added to Voice Dream? Some of my students prefer the settings available for Voice Dream but can't use if for texts where they need the images. Will Read2Go continue to be supported by Bookshare? At a meeting, a tech consultant mentioned that it might not be supported in the future. 

Hey Barbara,

The good news is images in Voice Dream are available now.  The bad news is it's limited to some of the newest devices, so if you're currently using older iPads or iPhones the images still will not be available.

To enable images within the books go to the settings and enable the rich text mode.  You will need to re-download any books you downloaded previous to this update as well as the saved files on the device won't include the images. 

Hi, Nick.

I have been unable to download Bookshare books with images into Voice Dream Reader. I haven't noticed any recent updates to the app. I am using a new iPad Pro and Voice Dream Reader 4.1.0. There is no option in Settings to enable the rich text mode, but I have enabled the "Prefer Images" setting within Content Sources/Bookshare. I tried downloading books that had been previously downloaded, but the images did not appear. I have selected "DAISY with images" as the reading preference download format for my student.

What is the new Voice Dream Reader app update version? If it has been updated, why isn't the update showing up under "updates" in the App Store on my iPad? Thank you for any help you can give me.  Karen

Hey Karen,

For Voice Dream Reader the only place for the Rich Text option that I'm aware of is inside a book.  Once a book's open select on the aA icon on the top right to go into the font and text settings, and the first option there will be the standard or rich text modes.

If that setting isn't present unfortunately it means the device you're on is too old, the Rich Text mode is only available on newer iOS devices.

I got it!   Images do download on Apple iPad Air 2/Voice Dream .  I went to the:

>+ icon on the left,

>...More, i (information, next to Bookshare and your username),

>selected Prefer Images.

>Also set Rich Text in Visual Settings.

My new book downloaded with images!