Sign in to follow this  
Jacob Joehl

Using Capti Narrator

Rate Topic 0

2 posts in this topic

Hi everybody. My apologies in advance if this is somewhat off-topic for this forum. I obtained a free copy of Capti Voice Narrator late last year from the Capti website. The download and installation process went smoothly. I was able to explore some of the settings in this app, but the problem arose when I attempted to read some .pdf files I had downloaded. I am unclear where exactly to paste the files in the app, or perhaps I'm missing something here? I've tried obtaining assistance from the Capti team with little to no success. They basically kept giving me the runaround, and just a bit ago I tweeted them to close that request. This app is listed on AppleVis, and I posted there to little or no success. Now whenever I boot up my MacBook Air Capti starts in the background, and I have to switch to it with Command-Tab, and do a Force Quit. Capti is listed as a subfolder in my applications folder, if that helps any. Opening that subfolder reveals 2 options: one which apparently starts the program itself and an icon to uninstall the app. Any help greatly appreciated.

Hey Jacob,

We unfortunately have very little experience using Capti for anything other than Bookshare books.  But from my experience it's best to use their web based interface instead of the downloadable app.  If you go back to the Capti website and either create an account or log into your existing Capti account it gives you a web based reading UI with anything you add to it stored on their cloud servers.  From that interface I believe you can upload files including your PDFs.

I also had tried their downloadable PC app when it was being developed, but just found the web based to be a better overall experience.