kristina

Technical question

Rate Topic 0

4 posts in this topic

Anytime I try to download a book on read2go from my iPad I receive this error message: "Download Failed: a connection faiure occurred: SSL problem (possible causes may include a bad/expired/self-signed certificate, clock set to wrong date):HTTP/1.1 302 found."

Hi Kristina,

That's a very unusual error.  Can you try two things for me, first log out of your Bookshare account and log back in.  We had a recent issue with Read2Go that caused some saved account information to become corrupted after an iOS update that might solve this issue.

If it does not can you try accessing Bookshare from a different wifi network just to see if maybe this is an issue with the network you're currently on somehow?

Unfortunately, I did try both of those things. I am a technician in an IT department of a school. We manage all of our applications through a mobile device management. Do you think this could have to do with it? 

It's always possible in theory, but I do know of several schools that use a similar strategy for their mobile devices.  Does your organization have any infrastructure in place that might block or limit access to https://api.bookshare.org ?  If moving to a 3rd party neutral wifi network didn't solve the issue my only guess is possibly a local firewall app on the device itself?  

Of course doing a refresh on the device may also clear it up just in case somehow the install for Read2go was corrupted.