Sandra Oliver

Training SPED Teachers and Assistants

Rate Topic 0

4 posts in this topic

I have a training coming up and we will talk a bit about Bookshare and I would like folks to have a short hands on experience so they can see a book as their students would. Should I still use the Bookshare training demo account that trainers have had access to in the past OR should they not log into Bookshare and search for the free access books and "Read Now" in one of these. Can they do that not logged in?

Also - If you were to print out one area of the website as a takeaway help doc hardcopy - what  page or help area on the site would it be? Does Bookshare have any handouts, bookmarks, or anything you can send us for an upcoming training? Obviously I will share the site also but sometimes something hardcopy is nice to remind them. Are the training material updated and still somewhere in the website?

Edited by Sandra Oliver
spelling

Hi Sandra,

We recently did update how our system works, I highly recommend keeping them signed out and selecting the Read Now option just as you described.  

As for handouts, we find deciding what bit of information to print is very audience specific.  I honestly recommend browsing our guides and brochures page to see if one fits your audience.  https://www.bookshare.org/cms/help-center/training-and-resources/brochures

We tried to do this and were not successful - books never loaded and got an error that Max Simultaneous Downloads Requests? We never got a book open? I was trying to show this to a district librarian:( We were in Chrome and not logged in - tried a fews times

That's very strange.  You can still definitely use our demo accounts and that should resolve any issues with the simultaneous download requests at the very least.

login: individualdemo@bookshare.org

pw: memberdemo1