Ms. Talia G

Reading Bookshare books on Apex Braillenote

Rate Topic 0

5 posts in this topic

Is there an easy way to skip over all the copyright information when I read books from bookshare using my Apex Braillenote?

Currently, I am just scrolling or using the forward thumbkey, find command, or forward paragraph command.

Is there a setting in Bookshare that will exclude the copyright info or allow me to skip over it and take me to the first page of reading?

Unfortunately the answer is: It depends.  Are you downloading our books in BRF or DAISY?

If BRF then only maybe, you can do a text search to find page 1 skipping that content, but that also skips sometimes the book preface information and not all of our books contain page numbers unfortunately.

If you're using DAISY you should be able to skip to the next heading, which will bypass the copyright notice.

Absolutely you can, but note that as DAISY is a slightly larger file format, some larger books may experience issues on the device opening.  Download the books to the device and extract them from the downloaded .zip file, then use the Book Reader application to open the file.