Sign in to follow this  
Janice Burch

trouble reading Bookshare books with new Victor Reader

Rate Topic 0

3 posts in this topic

I don't know if this is an appropriate topic, but does anyone using VR new generation have problems with it stopping suddenly for no reason.  I download with daisy no images but VR will say something like "image image" and then stop until I hit play a couple times.

Hey Janice,

We haven't heard of this issue on our side.  Was this book one you downloaded through the built in Bookshare Bookshelf, or did you side-load it onto the device?  Also can you forward me which book it was that caused this issue?  I would like to see if we can reproduce it on our side.

Even if you said "daisy with no images" in your profile, the Stream firmware was downloading the images anyway. I checked by copying the file to my computer. I believe the latest update fixed it. The Stream would get confused by the image and stop, and you'd have to start it up again. It wouldn't freeze, just get silent while it attempted to "process" the image. Try downloading one of the "for dummies" books because they contain lots of images. Then copy them to a computer and see if the daisy structur contains an images directory with a lot of jpg files. If it does, you know you still need the firmware to get updated.  it If you copy files from your computer to the stream this does not happen. It happens only if you use the stream's built-in ability to download from bookshare.