Sign in to follow this  
TWyatt

Printing enlarged math workbooks

Rate Topic 0

2 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am trying to streamline my process for making enlargements for math books.  I have always enlarged them using the copier but have found that the Daisy with images books are available.  So what I need to know: Is there a way to open it up with the images in the correct places and that I can enlarge the font to whatever size is needed and then print them off?  I need to be able to print them so that the student can use the workbooks in the same way that non-enlarged print readers use them.  I tried extracting the files and then opening the HTML file then copying and pasting it to a word document. Then I have to place the images where they belong.  This process makes beautiful enlargements, however is too time consuming.  So if you have any other suggestions, I would appreciate it.  I have one student that requires 18 point font and another that requires 24 font.  

Hey Wyatt,

We're actually right in the middle of rolling out Word as a downloadable format.  This should actually do exactly what you need, as the images will already be embedded right where they should be, and the text can be easily increased in size.  We're somewhere around having half our collection available in this format, and hope to have it completely done in the coming weeks.  Check out the books you're downloading for this format in the drop down box, or you can set it as the student's preferred format for it to always appear if its available.