Astrid Helgesen

Read2Go - sound control problems

Rate Topic 0

5 posts in this topic

IOS 11.2.6

newest version of read2go.

Problem: bad integration with iOS' audio controls.

Read2go does not show up on the "Now playing" control. 

The controls on the headset don't work. 

Read2go stops playing when opening an other app, or when turning off the screen.

Can the app be updated?

Hi Astrid,

Unfortunately we do not currently have a timeline for if, or when an update for Read2Go will be released.  There are a couple of great alternatives if you'd like to give them a try.  The Dolphin Easy Reader is a great free application that's fully integrated with Bookshare.  The only downside to it currently is while the first voice is free, any additional voices are a little more expensive than some of the other apps, and at least for now it doesn't display images within our books for those we have images for.  

Voice Dream Reader is also a great alternative, and can display images, but does cost $15 to download.

Both have great voices, if you're familiar with the sources Dolphin uses the Natural Reader voices, and Voice Dream Reader uses Acapela and I believe the Ivona voices.  

Astrid. Another alternative (that has bookshare integrated) is Capti. If you want to change the voice, it's a bit weird, but if you want a specific apple voice let me know and I'll explain the steps. Capti is, in my opinion, one of the better readers - and it's free.