EE-dee Schwartz

Several items

Rate Topic 0

2 posts in this topic

1. I have been working for an hour to create an account so that I could post on this forum. Finally I made it  but it was very frustrating.

2.  I joined BookShare.org are year ago in the exhibit hall of the NFB convention down in Florida. I have not used it at all to download books; in fact I still don’t know how to do that. The only thing I have done so far was to contact   The help department by email and then by phone to learn what equipment I need to be able to scan books to share with other people. I don’t have the right equipment yet.  So, tWo follow up questions:

A.  Since I am sure you can see the moment of my account creation in your computer records, is it possible to just start my membership from this point, and not be charged   For the year in which I did not use the BookShare service? I’m sure you can see that in my account in your computer records also, that I have not gotten any books yet.  

B.  Why does the email I received from BookShare.org say that I only have one more day to renew my membership? Is there some kind of penalty for letting my membership lapse and then starting it again later?  

C. If somebody answers my questions, will the response show up in my email, or do I have to find my way into this for him again to recover the post?

If somebody answers my questions, will the response show up in my email, or do I have to find my way into this for him again to recover the post?

Thank you for any information you can provide. Sincerely,

Thank you for any information you can provide. Sincerely,

Edee Schwartz 

Hey Edee,

If you haven't already the best way to get everything sorted with your account is to contact our support team directly: 650.352.0198. 

But to answer the most important question here just in case it helps others, there definitely isn't any penalties for letting an account lapse, you always can come back at any time for the same price.