Linda

Fear---"This is a restricted title" message

Rate Topic 0

3 posts in this topic

I wanted to download the new book "Fear" by Bob Woodward about the President.  I get this error message "This is a restricted title. Either it is not available for download in your region, or your address information is incomplete.". I don't understand.  Bookshare has all of my correct information and I am located in the USA.  Does anyone know what the exact restrictions are that are set for this book so that I can know why I do not qualify to download it?  Thank you very much. 

Linda

Hi Linda,

Here's some information regarding the restricted title error message you received. Bookshare must follow copyright law and only distribute books in authorized countries according to the publisher's restrictions. For example, a U.S. publisher may have rights to distribute the books in North and South America, but not in the rest of the world. Another publisher may have rights to distribute the same book everywhere else except the Americas. 

We recommend contacting the publisher to see if they have any other versions available. We partner with over 500 publishers around the world, so it's possible they may be able to donate a digital file of their book to our collection to make it available on Bookshare. For more information on our partnerships with publishers: https://www.bookshare.org/cms/partners/publishers