Brinn Havko

Bookshare on a BrailleNote (Apex)

Rate Topic 0

4 posts in this topic

I downloaded the book as Daisy Text. I unzipped the folder and moved the whole folder to the USB drive. My students are comfortable moving files from the USB drive to the BrailleNote, but I'm missing something in then getting the Bookeshare book from the USB driver to the BrailleNote. We tried just moving the Daisy file but that didn't seem to work. I'm guessing maybe the whole folder needs to be moved, but we don't know how to do that. Any advice is appreciated!

23 hours ago, Brinn Havko said:

I downloaded the book as Daisy Text. I unzipped the folder and moved the whole folder to the USB drive. My students are comfortable moving files from the USB drive to the BrailleNote, but I'm missing something in then getting the Bookeshare book from the USB driver to the BrailleNote. We tried just moving the Daisy file but that didn't seem to work. I'm guessing maybe the whole folder needs to be moved, but we don't know how to do that. Any advice is appreciated!

Hello Brinn,

First the file must be downloaded on a computer. You can download in DAISY, BRF, or Word, and save the file to a thumb drive, or SD card. Once unzipped you can then transfer this to the APEX.

The Book Reader app can open the DAISY files, and Word Processor can open Word or BRF.

So if I download as a Daisy file Text only and unzip it, there is a folder with a bunch of files.  In the Transferring books directions it says 

• "Connect the thumb drive or SD card to your computer and copy the entire unzipped book folder to the root directory (main folder)."

But then it doesn't say what happens next. Am I moving the entire unzipped book folder to "My Books"? (If so how do I move a whole folder?) Or when importing the file am I just pulling the Daisy file out of that folder?

Brinn,

Depending on the computer/laptop you are using, you can just drag and drop files. You can move the entire folder instead of pulling files from the folder itself this should work out better for you.

I would also recommend calling our technical support team so that we can walk you through the process over the phone.