Kristen Hughes

Bookshare "download failed" on dolphin easy reader

Rate Topic 0

4 posts in this topic

Good morning. When downloading a book to Dolphin Easy reader onto an iPad - I am getting the error message stating "Failed to download the book. Please try again later. Content not available in the requested format. No artifact available to download for 2269051 of EPUB3".  This has happened repeatedly over multiple days. I reached out to Dolphin and got the response below: 

" Hi,

I think this may well be an issue at Bookshare's end.

The "Content not available in requested format. No artifact available to download" means that your chosen book was listed as being available in the requested format by Bookshare's API, but when EasyReader requested to download it the Bookshare API said that the content was not available in that format.

Our developers reported this issue to Bookshare a while ago, and I believe Bookshare said they fixed it last month. However, maybe not all situations have been fixed by Bookshare.

PS The EasyReader app is built to download Bookshare content in ePub format. It does not download Bookshare content in "DAISY with Images" format. If the ePub content contains images EasyReader will display it.

Kind regards,

Gareth Collins

Product Support Group"

Please advise! Thank you!

Kristen Hughes

Hi Kristen,

I attempted to download it myself and ran into the same issue. I've reached out to our Product Manager for help looking into the issue. He's going to try downloading the title from our API. I'll provide you with an update once I have more information to share. 

The feedback I've received is that the ePub format issue isn't quite resolved just yet but is slated for the week of the 19th. For now, you should be able to side load the title as a workaround solution by first downloading the title on the website and then logging into the app and essentially downloading again. I tried this for the title mentioned above and it seems to have resolved the issue for now.