Janet Escarcega

Book Club

Rate Topic 2

16 posts in this topic

I'd like to start off by saying, I love this new Forum! I think it's a great way to get to interact with others .

Now to the Book Club subject! 

I think it'd be fun to have a topic (or something) where a group of us members could all read a book/series together and discuss it. Talk about what they like, what they hate, favorite part, ect. We could name the topic whatever  book/series  we are reading..

How does that sound?

i honesty woukd read anything! I enjoying reading books with others. I like how you coukd talk about your thoughts to a group/others. 

Maybe whoever is willing to join a specific story chat, could recommend a story? And from there everyone could agree on one?

i nominate: The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

It'd be awesome to have you included!

And yeah I figured since it's become a movie, why not? I prefer to read the mystery before getting spoiled from the movie haha That's what I did with Gone Girl. 

Edited by Janet Escarcega

Hey Trina! 

Well I was just thinking to start a new topic with the book title (so far The Girl on the Train is the only one mentioned to read)  -!: everyone coukd join there. Though, I think it'd be cool if Bookshare had this special area for all members to Che k out and join. 

Hey guys,

Sorry I didn't pop in sooner, I think a new thread at the very least will work great.  What do you guys think, a book a month to get started?  The final week of the month I can open a thread for nominating the next book to see how it gets started.

Ok it's a little late but since it's early in the month maybe we'll just do actual calendar months.  I'll put up a post to start talking about The Girl on the Train

Oh that's a good idea, I put up the post already as a free for all for now, but if we find structuring the conversation more around specific sections of the book instead of just doing a free for all I'm happy to do that.  

I put up the post already at: https://discussions.bookshare.org/topic/120-the-girl-on-the-train-october-bookshare-book-club/ 

I'll open a thread in a couple of weeks to discuss picking the next book, maybe we can have a book selected a week prior to the start of the month so that members have a chance to read on their own prior to the opening of the thread.

We might not have to have seprate selections  actually. As long as no one spoils the ending (in this case killer) 5)3! It should be fine? Not sure, but we'll see how it goes for now. 

And I'm sure that'll work! A week maybe before the 6th of the new month to pick a new story. 

I finished The Girl on the Train a few months back but I'd still love to be a part of this book club. I promise not to spoil any of the ending for you all. :)

One book a month sounds good. Personally, I like the idea of splitting up the book into separate sections so we discuss a quarter of the book per week. 

I was thinking about reading this book a while back (before it was made into a movie. My cousin told me about Silent Wife and it lead to Girl on the Train) , but I was in the middle of the Percy Jackson series. Then I saw the commercial to the Girl on the Train but was in the middle of  The Kane Chronicles. Lucky I waited so now I could read it with you guys! 

And cute smiley face! :)

And yeah I guess we could break up the sections.