Cannon Alsobrook

Back to Basics - Best Way to Listen on iPhone?

Rate Topic 0

6 posts in this topic

Hello.  I am not the most technical minded person.  We want to download the audio version of a book.  We will listen to the book through an iPhone.  Does the download automatically become part of iTunes?  Or is there a better "platform" to use to listen to the book?  I guess I should say, is it better to get an App on the iPhone and then download the book through the app?  And if so, is this easy to set up?  I guess primarily, the biggest concern is to be able to download the book and listen, but be able to rewind or fast forward, etc. 

I am going to assume that this very basic question is already answered somewhere, but I could not find it.  If you could even post the link, I'd really appreciate it.  Otherwise, if could help explain, I would love it.

Thank you!

Yes all of our compatible apps have TTS (text-to-speech) capability built in and would allow the reader to see the words highlighted on the screen while the audio voice is reading them aloud.

And I apologize... again... I just want to make certain... if we download Voice Dream Reader... then does the Bookshare account "link" to it?  So we access the downloads through that app? I'm not sure I'm asking this the right way, I'm sorry. 

No worries. Yes, that is correct. Members can log into a Bookshare compatible app such as Voice Dream Reader with their account credentials and this allows them to download through the app. The only slight difference with the Dolphin EasyReader app is that the user would need to create a Dolphin account but could also access it with a Google account.