Sign in to follow this  
Braden Lockaby

Using Bookshare at school?

Rate Topic 0

2 posts in this topic

My son is 9 years old and has just started 4th grade.  He was diagnosed with dyslexia a few months ago and his new tutor told us about Bookshare.  He is using the VoiceDream app on an iPad at home to read 'The Lost Olympian'.  Adjusting the font type and size as well as the line spacing has made a big difference for him.  His school has tablets and I'm wondering what is the best way for him to use Bookshare at school? 

Edited by Braden Lockaby
correcting spelling

Hey Braden,

I'm sorry I missed this post before.  Voice Dream Reader is a great app, and it's available for both iOS (iPads and iPhones) as well as Android devices.  The tablets that the school uses are very likely to be one of those two options, so Voice Dream Reader should be available.  Especially if he's used to the settings and format options of Voice Dream Reader I would highly recommend that option.

Please note though Voice Dream Reader does not allow syncing between devices, so the school tablets and your home iPad will never know where the other left off reading.  But you most definitely can download the same book on both devices, we do not limit how many devices you can download a book to.