Tammy Ludwig-Miller

Dolphin EasyReader

Rate Topic 0

3 posts in this topic

Does anyone else have issues with Dolphin EasyReader reading contractions? For some reason it isn’t reading them properly for example it would say ‘is’ ‘n’ ‘t’ in place of isn’t. So strange and I don’t recall having this issue before although perhaps I just didn’t notice it? Any suggestions for fixing this other than placing every contraction in pronunciation are greatly appreciated! 

Hi Tammy,

Unfortunately this is am ongoing issue with TTS in general. We constantly run into this issue across the board with our most popular apps such as Dolphin EasyReader, Voice Dream Reader etc.

Certain apps can allow you to update, and change how words are pronounced though this feature is still very limited.

Thanks for the reply. I’ve added a few contractions to the pronunciation list since my student using Dolphin is in 1st grade where they’re just learning about them.  I don’t want to confuse him.  I don’t have this issue with VoiceDream or Voice Writer but unfortunately the district hasn’t purchased those at this time.