Mike Palmieri

Allowing students to request books from teacher/advisor/etc (account holder)

Rate Topic 0

4 posts in this topic

This may be more applicable to higher-ed than k-12, but I'd like to allow students to submit requests for adding books to their reading lists, and then receive a notice of that - which I could accept or deny through the email/logging in to the site. As it is now, my college students have to email me with book requests, then I log in to search for the books, and add them to their lists. Since I'm not an instructor (I work in the disability resource center), I don't keep track of just one or two classes, but all students for all classes (theoretically). A quick and easy Yes/No approval option where the student can look for their own books would be super helpful and time-saving.

Hi Jennifer - nothing from the discussion posting, but I did email the same question in and got a response from Bookshare. They said that the engineering team already had this type of feature on their radar and to-do list, and they hope to see it implemented "within the year" (academic? next 365 days? that wasn't as clear).

I am very sorry about the late reply to this question. As stated by Mike this feature should be rolling out fairly shortly our team is just working out the last few bugs!!