Teacher44

Managing Bookshare

Rate Topic 0

2 posts in this topic

Hi there, 

I'm new to Bookshare, and I'm having difficulty accessing the book I assigned to my students. I'm sponsored and have an account through my organization. Basically, I created a book list, and assigned one book to a group of students. But for some reason, I can't open and read the book. I see that my students have access to download, but I do not.  Anyone know what to do?

Hello!

Sponsors can download books that they have assigned to their members, but they do not have access to the Bookshare Web Reader. In order to download a book that you have assigned to a member in a reading list, please follow the steps below:

1. Log into your sponsor account.

2. Navigate to your "my reading lists" page on your account.

3. Click on the title of the reading list that contains the book you wish to download.

4. Click on the "Download" button located in the "Action" column for the book you wish to download.

5. On the next page, check the box next to the name(s) of the member(s) for whom you wish to download the book and choose the file format you would like it to be downloaded in from the drop down menu in the last column.

6. Click the blue "Prepare Books" button and then click "Confirm" in the pop up window.

7. On the following page, wait for the loading symbol in the "status" column for the book to change to the word "Available." When this word appears, click on it to download the book to your computer.