Nick Bowen

Weekend Discussion - Bookshare feature wishlist

Rate Topic 1

11 posts in this topic

As we head out for the weekend I want to take an opportunity to put out different questions to the broader Bookshare community, to see what resonates with the community and what ideas we might find.  

For this week's topic I wanted to talk about everyone's Bookshare wish list: If there was one thing Bookshare could do that would make your day to day reading experience better, what is it?  We're completely open to ideas, it could be anything from changing how something works on the website to adding a new feature or function you think might really help.  We can even talk about what kinds of books you would like to see more of in our library.

If you don't feel comfortable posting your ideas here for any reason, feel free to email us at feedback@bookshare.org, we're glad to add to the conversation with ideas from anonymous members.

Hello there I like to read  books on the web thought the site, can you put up a list of wht books work and  what books you can't read online. reading tools. that will  help me when I am looking for a book to know what books have to down load to read. thanks again Erica

Hey guys!

I agree with Tommy. I think I'd be cool to have a "Just Added" list. That'd be a good way to get to know and discover new books. I mean, I've got like 10 books waiting for me to read them (I'm still on the Kane Chronicles series), but still haveing more books to add for when I'm done with the others haha

I just learned that my sister's teacher is an author! Fun. Thought I'd stare that fact. 

I looked up the book (The Others by Kristin Bryant) and it's not on there! I'm going to request it. If I get approve for volunteering, I'll probably scan the book. I mean, I already have the author in close range haha

While it's always nice to have an Author on board with adding their content to Bookshare, you do not need to ask for permission, no.  I always recommend where possible to connect Authors with our Partners page at: https://www.bookshare.org/cms/partners, so that either they or their publishers can work directly with us to add their content to Bookshare.

Well then I'll defiantly try to get that book scanned once/if I'm allowed to volunteer!

If anything  occurs that you or anyone else would need to talk with her, I've got the contact info!

And who knows, maybe she's already connected to Bookshare

Oh. I just noticed that you guys don't have: Scary Stories 3: More Tales to Chill Your Bones

I got part one and two, but three. Well lucky I've got the acual books! My parents bought me the books a few months before I lost part of my vision... But hey, at least I could scan them! Well, once I get approved to volunteer anyways.