Sign in to follow this  
Kathleen Cartier

Adding student to roster

Rate Topic 0

2 posts in this topic

A student of mine transitioned between schools in our district this summer.  He had an account at the elementary school that he used often.  Now he is at the middle school and when I try to add him to my roster, it says I cannot because his username already exists.  How do I add a student to my roster if they already have an account?

Thank you!

Hi Kathleen,

If your student has an Individual Membership account, then we can unlink his account from his elementary school and link it yours so that you can assign him books. If he had an Organizational Account, then he would need to be removed from his previous schools account by a sponsor for that school before you could reuse his username. In the mean time, you can add him to your organization's account and assign him a different username so that he can begin accessing books. I would recommend reaching out to Customer Support for assistance in finding out what type of accounts he currently has and determining the next best steps. Please feel free to call us at 650-352-0198 or email at support@bookshare.org.