Marion Daly

"login failed" on IOS devises

Rate Topic 0

4 posts in this topic

I've been a subscriber to Bookshare for a few years.  I usually use it on my MacBook Pro, and it works fine.  But recently I tried to use it with my iPhone and my iPad Pro.  I can't seem to log into Bookshare when using these devices.  I double checked that the password/userID is correct, but I keep getting "login failed" error.  I even tried on my iPad to get the "forgot password" so I could change the password that way, but the promised email never comes.  Can you help me with this problem?

When using a mobile device to access Bookshare, we generally recommend using an app instead of the mobile version of our website for a better user experience. If you find this happening more often than not, we recommend using an app such as Voice Dream Reader or Dolphin EasyReader. These are third-party apps, which integrate with Bookshare. If you would prefer to use the mobile version of the Bookshare website, or would like assistance troubleshooting this issue, please feel free to contact Bookshare Customer Support at support@bookshare.org or by phone at 650-352-0198.

I use the IOS Bookshare app.  It doesn't like my user ID and password.  "login failed" is the error.  I use the same ID and password in the IOS Bookshare app that I use when logging in on my MacBook Pro in Safari.

When I try to get in through Voice Dream, it tells me that it got an error that says, "Error  Unexpected response from Bookshare."  I think it is having trouble logging in to Bookshare.