Khushi Kaushik

restricted title

Rate Topic 0

2 posts in this topic

Hi
I wanted to downloade 'Becoming' by Michelle Obama and 'a tree grows in Brooklyn' by Betty Smith. bookshare shows ""This is a restricted title. Either it is not available in your region, or your address information is incomplete"." this is very confusing. I live in India and all my information is complete. I signed up for bookshare because it had more titles available to Indian users as compared to services like audible. these are popular books so I really don't know how they might not be available in my country.
I don't know why am I facing this issue.
I'm looking forward to any answer from the bookshare team.
thank you.

Unfortunately, it looks like we don't have a copy of this book available in your country. 

When publishers provide books to Bookshare, they specify the countries in which we can distribute those books. If they don’t have rights to distribute a book in Canada, for example, we cannot make it available to Canadian members. If they ONLY have rights to distribute a particular book in Canada, we can provide that book ONLY to Canadian members.

When we add books to the collection by chopping and scanning printed versions, which we are permitted to do under U.S. copyright law, we are typically required to distribute those books only to U.S. members.

I'm very sorry for any disappointment this causes.