Sign in to follow this  
Aldan MacDonald

No Access

Rate Topic 0

2 posts in this topic

It's the weekend. I have been using Bookshare since 2014. I am a college student. I needed to update my account and I was locked out pending approval. I have chapters to read all weekend long! What is wrong with this process. I need to get to my assignments and there is no forgiveness at the college level, not to mention I am disabled and need extra time for assignments and now I will be behind. What a cruel process. What is wrong with this organization. Lynda for Aldan Macdonald

Hello Aldan,

I am sorry for the unfortunate timing of your subscription renewal. Bookshare receives government funding from the Office of Special Education Programs that allows us to make our services available for free to qualifying US students. Because this funding comes from the federal government, we are regularly audited to ensure that there is no fraudulent activity and only qualifying US students are using those free student subscriptions. In order to continue receiving this funding, we have to follow certain security protocols, which includes a member of our team reviewing any student subscription renewals if the student information on the account has been updated.