Janet Escarcega

Can someone clarify for me...

Rate Topic 0

3 posts in this topic

Before I accept  the terms to becoming a volunteer, can someone Claire this fur me:

7. I agree to direct authors and publishers with questions about Bookshare procedures or policy to Bookshares Volunteer Coordinator and to alert the Coordinator that I have done so.

Bookshare volunteers play an important role in making books available as well as publicizing Bookshares mission and accomplishments. In all of these roles volunteers become an agent of Bookshare. At the same time, Bookshare volunteers have a passion for books and literacy, and are avid readers who are in touch with authors and the broader community as individuals.

The last part: Avid readers who are in touch with authors. I'm sorry, but I'm a title lost at that. Can anyone explain? Please

Hi Janet,

The line is just a recognition that Bookshare has a very large community of people passionate about books.  Often these individuals will be in direct contact with authors or publishers which we do want to encourage.  But because of the complexities of the world in which we operate, to avoid any misunderstanding or confusion we want to make sure if they have questions about Bookshare's policies or procedures specifically that they are directed to Bookshare directly.

Thanks for the clarification! 

That at makes sense. And unfortunately I'm not in contact with any authors nor publishers. But if you or anyone else coukd help, I would love to be. It'd be both helpful to Booksgare and to my in the future. So any tips/ideas/recommendations; I'd really   Appreciate it.