Sign in to follow this  
Claire Habeck

Is it true? Read2Go no longer supported by Bookshare?

Rate Topic 0

4 posts in this topic

I've heard that Read2Go is not going to being supported by Bookshare, but when I search for the details, I can't find anything. Is this true? We are prepared to switch to Voice Dream Reader, but don't want to cause alarm if it isn't necessary. Thanks for any feedback you can provide. 

Hi Claire,

Bookshare absolutely is still supporting Read2Go, however with our limited funding we do not have any information at this time on if or when the next update to the app will be released.  If the app works for you and your students at this time I encourage you to continue using it, however if you are just beginning the process of distributing a Bookshare compatible app to your students or for your use I do highly recommend trying both Voice Dream Reader and Capti Narrator to see if they meet your needs as both are great options.

Hi Claire,

Read2Go is in the process of being updated to version 1.1.1.  It has been submitted to Apple and is just awaiting final testing and approval on their end.  It doesn't add any new features, it simply addresses some compatibility issues we've been experiencing with iOS 9.