Janet Escarcega

How Do I Download?

Rate Topic 0

9 posts in this topic

I downloaded the Capti app onto my iPad and when I download the story to proofread, it shows up on the app, but it's not the story. It's some other random thing-

"Parent Partners with school administrators to advocate for accessible ebooksand dispel myths." 

Hey Janet,

I'm working on getting you a better answer as have not yet had the pleasure of working directly with the Bookshare Volunteers and their book processes.  But I can say it appears for proofing you'll need to use a text editor such as Microsoft Word.  There's some helpful information at: https://www.bookshare.org/cms/get-involved/volunteer/my-volunteer-home/guide-scanning-and-proofing/proofreading-steps/proofreadi-0

Thanks again Nick! I'm downloading the  Microsoft Word app right now. 

Anoyher question:  Is there like a time limit or something for volunteers? I might not do anything for a week or so on my iPad, but I just want to make sure I don't like get kicked out of volunteer or anything. 

PS: I tried to scan a book to put onto Bookshare and it didn't work! I was alittle upset about that. My scanner didn't work for it. 

Ok so I got it downloaded. I'm trying to upload the page to MWord, but it's not giving me the option. I honestly think im not allowed/suppose to help 

Bookshare or something. 

So, I'm going to try and  manually copy the entire scanned story and paste it to the MWord. Is that okay?

As long as you are not sharing our content with other parties, copying it or converting it to other formats is absolutely ok.  I do know there is a time limit on proofing books, but you'll receive an email when the time is running short with options to extend your time if needed.  

Oh defiantly not! I'm going to be very straight and honest with Bookshare Nick! I don't break rules (not on purpose anyways. But I'll be very careful!) 

Yeah to Che k in the book. The one I checked out is due the 29th. I'll have to recheck it then. 

Thanks again Nick!

Hi Janet!

Thank you so much for helping to volunteer for Bookshare!  The check-out time for books when volunteering is two-weeks, but you can always renew the book if you need more time with it.  You'll get an email notification when your book is about to expire. And if for some reason you don't get to renew it before it expires, you can always check it out again. 

Please let us know how it's going with your proofreading on the iPad.  Majority (if not all) of our volunteers normally proofread using a computer, so please bear with us as this is new territory and we may not have all the answer right away.

Yeah I'm sure every volunteer use computers. I mean, I coukd to, but iPad is easier for me (computers frustrate me, but I'm not sure if I'll end up using one. Depends how it goes through iPad). So I'll defiantly be patient with you guys if I have trouble.

Thanks!